NEW ART INSTALLATION! Construction beginning March 2018
SKYSPACE: REACHING OUT TO THE BIRDS
This 40+’ tower will bring human and avian life into closer contact. Earth and sky. Mortals and (winged) gods. It has resonances with Inverted Bird Blind (Silvan Laan), also installed at Yellow Bird.
WATCH THIS SPACE! FOR SPRING 2018
Last Open Day was Sun March 19, 2017
Sunday March 19, Spring Equinox Open Day!! 2-8pm
Come discover Yellow Bird Art Farm – The ever-developing environmental art and sculpture park in Woodbury TN. Feel free to come any time after 2pm, wander around and be inspired! Lots will be happening!
* 2pm on. Refreshments served in Shambhala Meditation Space (a round cob building).
* A group of ten sculptures – Passing TransFigures, created by David Wood and constructed by Leopard Zeppard – will be unveiled.
* 3-4:30pm. The heliotrope earthart installation “Awakening” will be collectively reassembled at the Peace Circle after extensive repair. Your help appreciated!
* Tour of YellowBird’s sculptures and visions 4:30pm with David. Including the just completed Inverted Bird Blind by Silvan Laan.
* 5-7pm Live Music! Leopard and Tom Foolery will play music among the artworks as they light up at dusk. And Robyn Taylor will delight us with her original songs.
* 6pm Bonfire, marshmallows and tunes into the evening. Drumming circle?
Come and enjoy this latest happening event in Cannon County. Check out all that has been created and the possibilities for more! GPS 260 Palmer Lane, Woodbury, TN 37190
ART OPENING? It includes:
1. Passing TransFigures (David Wood)
10 sculptures, mostly in a group, beside the path leading from the barn to Shambhala. Illuminated at night. Fabricated by Leopard Zeppard.
2. Inverted Bird Blind (Silvan Laan)
Images of 72 species of birds spotted at Yellow Bird. Visible though slots in a narrow wooden shelter. On the left (East) of the lake, nestled in the trees. Illuminated at night. Curated DCW.
3. Awakening (David Wood)
Should be called ReAwakening! A major repair and reinstallation of the Peace Circle heliotrope. Cedar, laser discs, solar lights. Illuminated at night.
4. Seven Picnic Postcards (David Wood)
Scattered around the property, seven brightly painted picnic tables, ‘stamped’ and ready for chalking postcard messages to friends. Chalk supplied at each table.
5. FireFlash (David Wood)
Ten red hanging wooden ribbons. Corner of the dirt road up the hill on the left.
6. Stone Spiral (David Wood)
In the field below ‘The Stables’ cottage, above the greenhouse. White painted stone.
7. Pagoda (David Wood)
Cedar tea-house, set in ‘Japan’. Constructed by Daniel Maissan and Martje Grond.
A. Cob Sauna. Near the lake. Below the barn. Built by Barefoot Builders (Christina Ott) et al. Designed David Wood.
B. Shambhala. Cob meditation hut. Built by Barefoot Builders (Christina Ott) et al.. Designed David Wood.
C. Landscape Forms (x2). Bent, welded and painted steel rod. By Lily Erb. Above the barn entrance and in the trees by the sauna. Also Five Orbs, above the Writers Cabin.
D. Playhouse. By Avery Rose. Quilts & painted stones in a wooden shed by the lake.
E. The Bridge to Nowhere. Red painted wood. On the right of the dirt road near the top of the hill. Claimed to be the original site of the Three Billy Goats Gruff story.
F. Wordscape. 200+ words supplied by friends, carved into cedar boards, and planted around the property in unexpected places. This project is ongoing.
** Avery Rose, Silvan Laan & Lily Erb have been artists-in-residence at Yellow Bird.
rough map – see over →